2, June 2010 Leave a comment
HOW GUTTED AM I THAT I MISSED THIS?!
…ideas, reflections, hopes & plans…
22, January 2010 1 Comment
Got sent this by a good friend few days back, it’s all great advice so thought I’d share! Enjoy x
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009..
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours. (I NEED 10 THOUGH!)
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do it. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously.. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind yourself / your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realise that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. God heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up. (UNLESS YOU ARE HOUSEBOUND LIKE ME!)
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank God for it.
39. Your inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
3, January 2010 Leave a comment
In light of this time of year, with its offer of new beginnings, fresh starts and positive changes, I’ve chosen a beautiful track about Newness…
And remember if you want it to, every moment offers the chance of a new beginning.
Here’s to Newness. Here’s to learning. Here’s to more of the good stuff.
3, January 2010 2 Comments
So in an attempt to use up The Mad House‘s NYE GOLDEN STARS PARTY endless alcohol and food supplies, yesterday I invited a few friends round that turned into a few dozen to come and help a sister out.
Friends, free-flowing food and drink, music, convo, fire and rather heated games resulted in a fantastic evening, night and early morning with the last guests arriving at 3am and the last guest leaving at 8am!
So much talent and positivity passed through these four walls I’m surprised the roof didn’t pop right off.
There were writers, journalists, artists, rappers, singers, producers, actors, comedians, models, PR gurus, stylists, entrepreneurs, psychologists, magicians, DJs…
Got me thinking about how much we could achieve united, and in what capacity. *pause*
Here’s to the next Intimate Affair, (date TBC). Potentially with a theme. And a tangible creative outcome. E X C I T E M E N T…
First I have to scrub the floors (again).
Thank you all so much for coming and for being fabulous.
ON TO THE NEXT ONE!
PS- Mummy sends her love to you all. In her words, you are all simply delightful.
1, January 2010 Leave a comment
Happy New Year my wonderful enlightened readers! 🙂
I hope you have had as beautiful a start to 2010 as I have. I am very excited about the year ahead!
So we’ve have had 2000 and great (2008), 2000 and mine (2009)
….and I was trying to think of a word to rhyme with ‘ten‘ that would be relevant to my goals for the New Year.
I love ‘men‘ (obviously), but it is a bit cheeky (note the plural)
Most other suggestions I got were not so relevant; Hen (?), Ben (something to do with Wastenders)…
Anyways, I went through the alphabet and eventually got to ‘Z’, as you do.
Checked out the Zen concept, and I like muchly.
HAPPY TWO THOUSAND AND ZEN!
Copyright Empty Mind Films
…Each of us live dependently, yet independently…
…If our eyes are open, we see…
…Living with nature, is finding your own way…
…Leaving the past behind, living in this moment…