16, June 2011 Leave a comment
Boxing Day 2008 I left my Nanny’s house, said good-bye to the family as they continued with Christmas celebrations, packed a bag and caught a flight to Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The next two weeks were sprinkled with some of my life’s most defining moments. Two weeks earlier I’d been offered a place on the WYSE (World Youth and Social Enterprise) ILP (International Leadership Programme). I jumped at the chance to get away from dreary UK, explore a new country and do some much-needed ‘soul searching’. I learnt so much about myself and developed such fantastic relationships there I often wish I could relive those two weeks again and again. I had the time of my life.
There is now less than a month to go before the deadline for applications for the 2011 WYSE ILP which is taking place in beautiful Lucca, Italy (28th July – 12th August).
WYSE’s world renowned International Leadership Programme provides a unique and inspirational opportunity to:
- Develop your leadership potential through team projects, personal reflection, physical activities, deep discussion and the arts.
- Explore the underlying causes of global problems, and develop a social entrepreneurial approach.
- Identify your values and guiding principles in order to gain a clearer sense of balance, purpose and life direction.
- Develop an international network of friends and peers who wish to collaborate and make a positive difference.
- Increase your understanding of the influence of and relationship between individuals, local NGOs and international organisations such as the United Nations.
WYSE International is a global charity that supports young people with vision and awareness, who care about what’s happening in the world, and want to do what they can to make a positive difference. We promote visionary leadership capable of responding to evolving world needs such as peace, human rights, democracy and sustainability.
People who have attended WYSE in the past have found the experience extremely beneficial, and have come away with a clearer sense of who they are and where they are heading in the future.
If you are 18-35, passionate about making a positive difference to the world and seeking purpose and perspective I strongly encourage you to apply.
For more information please email email@example.com and WYSE will send you a full Information Pack with programme brochure, self-assessment (for you to check your suitability) and application forms.
‘WYSE is a gift, accept it and cherish it. It will help you grow into the best person that you can become’ (Hyatt, Kuwait)